Executive Strategic Partnership
The Educational Strategy Partnership (ESP) is a group of ten local schools who work collaboratively in the best interests of students in the Swindon area. We are committed to improving learning outcomes for over 3000 students on roll in ten schools, across all education phases.
The ESP was formed in September 2017 and by engaging only in activity which is high on impact, and operating in a spirit of trust and transparency, we believe it is:
- low on costs
- low on risks
- high on rewards
Currently the ESP comprises:
The core business of the ESP focuses on strategies to improve teaching and learning, but we recognise that to achieve this the well-being of the whole school needs to be nurtured. Thus, there is a good deal of Continuing Professional Development work related to supporting other key stakeholders to directly impact on outcomes.
Current projects include:
- Teaching and Learning: Transition Projects in pre-school to reception and year 6 to year 7; English as an Additional Language ; Classroom practice through peer lesson observations, Ofsted readiness
- Leadership and Management: Emerging Leaders courses; Support for new Heads/Chairs of Governors; Senior Leadership Team support; regular meetings of Phase Heads; Performance Management reviews
- Governance: Induction of new governors; regular Chairs of governor meetings; reviews of governance; bespoke governor business training (for example : finance; safeguarding; clerking)
- SEND: regular ESP SENCO meetings
- Business Managers: regular meetings to focus on support, optimal savings and improved infrastructures
- Bespoke support in response to needs identified by the group
What we are not? We are not a Multi-Academy Trust.