We believe that Physical Education should lead to a sense of well-being, a greater understanding of health and fitness, a healthy lifestyle, a feeling of self-confidence and a lifelong passion for physical activity. Every child will experience a varied physical education programme which involves dance, gymnastics, games, outdoor and adventurous activities, athletics and swimming throughout their school life.
We aim to provide two hours of high-quality physical education throughout the week, which involves outdoor games skills as well as indoor gymnastics or dance. Children in year 1 and year 5 swim during term 6.
Children are encouraged to become actively involved in extracurricular sports clubs and represent the school in a range of tournaments and festivals. This year King William Street will participate in the following competitive events:
- Swindon Primary Schools Football League.
- Swindon Small Schools Football Competition.
- Swindon Primary Schools Gymnastics Competition
- Swindon Primary Schools Tag Rugby Competition for years 3 and 4 and years 5 and 6
- Swindon Primary Schools Quadkids Competition in June/July.