School Meals & Packed Lunches
Cooked School Meals
Our school kitchen is managed by Mrs French and Mrs Simpkins on behalf of Dolce. Dolce is a family run business with a passion for quality home-cooked food.
All meals are prepared and cooked on-site in our school kitchen. We ensure that each dinner has a fresh, homemade taste and meets strict government nutritional standards. Our menu offers a range of hot and cold options.
To order a school meal, please register for an account with SchoolGrid. Here you can select your menu choice and pay for your child's meal. You will also be able to add allergens to your child's record. Parents are able to place orders for an entire term at a time. However, orders must be placed before 8:50 am.
All children in Blue Whale, Tiger and Puffin are entitled to a Universal Free School Meal. For children in other classes who are not in receipt of Benefits Related Free School Meals, the cost of a school meal is £2.50 per day.
If you feel you are entitled to a Benefits Related Free School Meal, please apply through Swindon Borough Council website: www.swindon.gov.uk/xfp/form/754
Dolce Menu for Term 1
Our school operates a healthy eating policy. We ask that parents/carers provide their children with a balanced lunch if children are not having a school dinner. We are often asked to clarify what children can and cannot have in their lunch box.
- At least one portion of fruit or vegetables.
- Sandwich / roll / wrap filled with meat / fish / cheese / other non-dairy protein. No eggs or nuts.
- Starchy food such as bread / pasta / rice / noodles / cous cous.
- Yoghurt / fromage frais.
- One plain biscuit.
- Drink of water.
Items to Avoid
- High fat savoury snacks such as crisps / sausage rolls / pork pie.
- High sugar snacks such as Fruit Winders / chocolate covered bars and biscuits.
- High salt content foods such as Cheese Dippers / Dairy Lea Lunchables / Cheese Strings / pepperoni / Fridge Raiders.
- Fizzy drinks
Please do not include any egg or nut foods in your child's packed lunch due to the danger to children with allergies.