At King William Street CE Primary School, we are proud of our children and love to celebrate their achievements.
We hold a range of assemblies throughout the week and the year where we celebrate the children's achievements.
Our celebration assemblies always link to our school value of the term. During these assemblies children are presented with:
- Values bands - a child is chosen from each class who has demonstrated the school value that week.
- Learner of the week certificates - children from each class are chosen to present their work to the school. The children are chosen because they have:
- demonstrated a positive attitude towards learning
- overcome learning challenges
- modelled excellent behaviour
- been a role model to their peers
- External awards - music, sport and dance awards.
- Sporting events - such as winning a football match or taking part in Swindon School Games.
- Praised for their contributions to the wider school community - such as raising money for charity or helping an elderly neighbour with their gardening.
Every classroom has a proud wall. The wall creates a space in the classroom where every child has the opportunity to display and share work they are proud of.
Dojo / Raffle Tickets
In KS1, throughout the day, staff reward children with a raffle ticket for modelling positive learning behaviours. At the end of each week, a raffle ticket is drawn and the child is awarded a prize.
In KS2, staff reward children with dojos. The aim of each class is to reach a set target which once met results in a whole class reward.
At King William Street CE Primary School we encourage children to read with their parents every day. Whenever a child reads to their parent out loud, the parent records this in a reading diary. When a child meets a reading milestone, such as has read for 100 nights, they are awarded a special sticker or bookmark.
In addition, the class which reaches each of the milestone nights is able to choose a brand new fiction, non-fiction and poetry book for their book corner. These class milestones are also celebrated in our celebration assembly.
Once every term, parents/carers are welcomed into the classroom where they can complete an activity alongside their child. This also provides an opportunity for children to share and discuss their learning.